Dance Teacher Training Programs
Take Your Teaching to New Levels!
Dance Teacher Training Programs: Courses & Certification | Online courses coming back soon.
We all want to become better educators. By developing new skills, we can support our students and keep our passion for teaching alive!
These courses present concepts and tools which new teachers can use to create their classes and seasoned teachers can quickly apply to their current curriculum.
Programs are geared towards studio dance teachers of any dance form and style.
As teachers we are accountable for the health of our students during dance class. It is our responsibility to ensure that students do not become injured through the implementation of appropriate exercises. We must gear our teaching towards the experience, age and fitness level of our students. Additionally, as instructors we are often asked to manage students’ chronic and acute injuries developed outside of our studio classes.
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Identify physical benefits from practicing your dance form
- Recognize the parts of the body that are strengthened & prone to injury by your dance form
- Assess basic types of injuries and First Aid
- Accommodate your students’ ages, fitness levels, & injuries
- Keep your students’ bodies balanced & make safe modifications
- Develop safe and effective warm ups, cool downs, & stretches
- Create supportive environments that increase teacher & student communication
- Cultivate student awareness of injury prevention
Create Your Teaching Dance Philosophy
Students learn dance in a number of ways and a successful teacher can accommodate various students’ needs. You will begin by reflecting upon how you learn and what your goals are as a teacher. Then, you will proceed to incorporate various teaching methods that will add interesting components into your existing teaching foundation. By the end, you will have created a comprehensive dance philosophy that will guide your continuing objective to become a more effective educator.
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Define and refine your personal philosophy of teaching dance
- Develop objectives for your teaching
- Cultivate goals for your students
- Apply various teaching methods in order to accommodate different learning styles
- Offer effective feedback and evaluation
Bellates Teacher Certificate
Amara brings together a unique combination of Belly dance, Pilates, Yoga, and Ballet to create a fun and dynamic workout. Students will strengthen and tone their muscles, increase their flexibility, and fortify their posture alignment.
In this course:
- Learn specific exercises that encompass the Bellates foundation
- Prevent injuries
- Create your teaching philosophy
- Develop lesson plans
Assignments are scored in a focused holistic approached, in which a text is evaluated on its overall quality.
Several categories will be examined, including:
- Purpose, the objective of the question is focused and met
- Organization, the structure of the answer
- Application, synthesization, and evaluation of knowledge
- Supporting evidence, a strong sets of examples and details
Grammar will not be evaluated, but your text should be in Standard American English, typed, and, understandable.
Scoring is based upon Person’s 4 point scale:
4=The writer demonstrates consistent, though not necessarily perfect, control of the domain’s features.
3=The writer demonstrates reasonable, but not consistent, control of most of the domain’s features. The writer may control some features of the domain more than others.
2=The writer demonstrates inconsistent control of several of the domain’s features, indicating significant weakness.
1=The writer demonstrates little or no control of the domain’s feature
Students have one year to complete certification after purchase.
Certification is awarded when a comprehensive understanding and mastery of the material is demonstrated. You may be asked to resubmit assignments integrating feedback and evaluations.